Movie Day

Do you remember the elation of walking into a classroom as seeing a movie projector set up? Today is my Monday. Please enjoy the following clip at your leisure:



 

Nick Zentner is a geology professor at Central Washington University in Ellensburg Washington. He's the kind of engaging, charismatic & passionate teacher one hopes to encounter in their educational journey. Indeed I hope to be a student of his (for credit) at some point in the future. He focuses on the geology of the Pacific Northwest, in particular, the State of Washington, where I happen to be from originally. My father is from Yakima and I've spent a good deal of my life in the folds and scablands that surround the Tri-Cities. Everyone of his candid yet cleverly crafted videos look like everywhere I am from, all at once. Every drive, camp, hike or long walk with my father or grandfather before the age of sixteen is represented in his lessons. He's a great teacher. Pay attention.

Interested persons can read more about Nick Zenter here and here. All (as far as I can tell) of his videos can be found here.

Cheers!


*Video used with permission - thanx prof. Zentner!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Down the Rabibt Hole

Zach Rules!

Of Apes, Cougars and the Lake at the Bottom of the Cave

Hey Cave Nerd! (part one)

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together